8138 IP Color Visual Alerter
The PoE 8138 IP Color Visual Alerter is a four-color LED visual alerting IP endpoint in amber, blue, green and red. This outdoor-rated PoE IP strobe light is designed for telephone ringing where noise, noise sensitivity, or hearing impairment are at issue. Together with Algo IP speakers, the 8138 is also commonly deployed as part of public address (PA) and mass notification systems to visually alert for safety, security, and emergency events.
The 8138 alerter is a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, this IP strobe light is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
The 8138 IP Color Visual Alerter is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified.
- Weatherproof multi-color IP alerter for public address (PA) and alert notification.
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- Multicast to scale from one to many synchronized strobes.
- Long-life LEDs providing 360 x 180 degree visibility from a wall or ceiling mount location.
- 180 combinations of flash patterns, intensity and color incuding steady-state on.
- Amber, blue, green and red LED color options to distinguish unique events and enhance situational awareness. (Use Algo 8128 for white).
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
- Ideal for noisy workplace environments or where hearing protect is worn (e.g., manufacturing plant / factory, utility, warehouse, machine shop, garage, restaurant), noise sensitive areas (e.g., hospital maternity ward, court room, studio, library) and expansive facilities such as a school / college / university campus, transportation terminal (i.e., airport, bus / rail station), hospital, government office, enterprise campus, etc.
IP Visual Alerting for Enhanced Situational Awareness
The 8138 IP Visual Alerters is a four color LED including amber, blue, green and red. The alerter’s color options are designed to enhance notification and alerting of telephone, safety, security and emergency events. Typically the 8138 is deployed with Algo IP speakers using multicast, to design a notification system that aligns a visual alert color with the speaker’s broadcast for an alert tone / announcement. For example, Amber – Shelter, Blue – Medical, Green – All Clear, Red – Lockdown.
The 8138 Alerter may be actived using its API interface for additional applications where the color capabilities are advantageous.
Such as visual indication ie GO, STOP, WARNING, DANGER, CLEAR etc.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are available in this IP alerter, including Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the alerter will auto-answer and flash until the call is ended by the caller (this allows long duration events). For Ring, the alerter will not answer but flash for the duration of ring. Emergency Alert extensions activate the strobe to flash until the event is cancelled by calling a separate extension.
Scale Algo IP Visual Alerters Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8138 IP Color Alerter Color supports multicast send or receive. As a result, many Algo alerters can be deployed to cover any size building, campus or enterprise. There is no limit to the number of devices receiving a multicast, and a minimum of network traffic activity is utilized. Multiple alerters activated by multicast will flash in a synchronized pattern.
A single registered 8138 can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters, strobe lights and multicast supported IP telephones.
Multicast provides cost effective scalability using a minimum of SIP registered endpoints, as only the endpoint designated to send the multicast needs to be registered. Devices configured to receive the multicast do not need registration.
Support is available for RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, Singlewire InformaCast (part no. 8138-IC). Revolution support will be available in Q3 2020.
Multicast zone paging for up to 50 zones can be configured from a single 8138 strobe light. Zones can be selected one of two ways. One option is to map multicast page zones to individual SIP extensions on the endpoint. Fifty (50) page extensions are available for this purpose. Alternatively, in order to minimize SIP registrations, multicast page zones can be configured in the SIP strobe light as a DTMF key press selection using the dial pad of telephone making the page call.
Long-Life LEDs & Customizable Flash Patterns
The high intensity LEDs of the 8138 SIP Strobe Light provide extended life in comparison to Xenon type strobes, with more luminescence and less energy.
The IP alerter offers 360 x 180 degree visibility when mounted to a wall or ceiling. Fifteen(15) flash pattern options (each with three intensity levels and four color options) are available to suit any application environment.
To sum up, the 8138 IP alerter is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). A wall mount plate is included for easy installation. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo IP Color Visual Alerter
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- Visibility from any angle whether mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Fully zone configurable via a web interface. Multicast zones are not dependent on wiring to the strobe light.
- Multi-color LED visual alert to meet enhanced emergency notification requirements.
- Match aggressiveness of the flash pattern (15), intensity (3) and colors (4) to the nature of the alert. For example, low, medium and high brightness options with amber, blue, green and red LED color choices.
- Multicast to scale from one to many synchronized alerters.
- Notification without audible noise for noise-sensitive, high noise environments or for hearing impaired users.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Compatible with all varieties of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters and strobe lights for more comprehensive alerting solution requirements.
|POWER INPUT||PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) 48V, 12.95W|
|IDLE POWER||Nominal 2.5W|
|SIP EXTENSIONS||50 Auto-Answer (Activate until call ended – time out optional)|
|10 Emergency Alert (Active until cancelled)|
|10 Ring (Active while ringing – UC platform may limit duration)|
|SIP SIGNALLING/TRANSPORT PROTOCOLS||UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP|
|API Control of alerter to activate or stop alerting even with choice of flash pattern, intensity and color.|
|Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility|
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Receive only* Polycom Group Page (The strobe cannot generate audio – provides visual alert during page)|
|Singlewire InformaCast (additional license required)|
|Configuration & Provisioning|
|CONFIGURATION||Web interface or provisioning server|
|WEB INTERFACE||HTTP, HTTPS|
|PROVISIONING||TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS|
|DHCP Options 66, 150, 160|
|Reboot via SIP ‘check-sync’|
|SUPERVISION||Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 Controller.|
|NETWORKING||IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, VLAN|
|LINK LAYER||LLDP, CDP|
|NAT||STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|ADDRESS RESOLUTION||DNS, SRV Record|
|REDUNDANCY||Secondary and tertiary SIP server|
|TIME||NTP Server (up to four)|
|No audio capability is provided however activation is possible from a multicast audio stream.|
|16 LEDs * 4 Colours (Red, Blue, Green, Amber) (64 total)|
|180 Combinations of flash pattern, intensity and color|
|RELAY INPUT||Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision using Algo 1202 Call Button, 1203 Call Switch or EOL resistor termination|
|RELAY OUTPUT||Max 30 V 50 mA (normally open)|
|Relay Input Current Draw Detection Thresholds||Active||Idle||Tamper|
|NORMALLY OPEN WITH SUPERVISION||>20mA||4-20mA||<4mA|
|NORMALLY CLOSED WITH SUPERVISION||4-20mA||>20mA||<4mA|
|NOMINAL 12V SOURCE, CURRENT LIMITED TO 40MA|
|Typical supervision resistor value = 1k ohm|
|Environmental & Mechanical|
|ENVIRONMENTAL||-40° to +123° F (-40° to +50° C). Outdoor/wet environments require installation using supplied gaskets on smooth surfaces or electrical box. IP66 rated if properly installed.|
|DIMENSIONS||4.8″ x 4.8″ x 3″ (12.2cm x 12.2cm x 7.6cm)|
|WEIGHT (PRODUCT)||1.0 lbs (0.5 kg)|
|WEIGHT (SHIPPING)||1.4 lbs (0.6 kg)|
|RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 32 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada), EN62368-1|