The Aruba CX 6000 Switch Series is modern family of entry level access switches ideal for branch offices, midsize businesses, and small enterprises. Optimized for reliable, simple and secure access, the CX 6000 series provides a convenient and cost-effective wired access solution for networks supporting IoT, mobile, and cloud applications.
The CX 6000 series is based on the Aruba ASIC architecture with the programmable AOS-CX operating system used across the entire Aruba CX portfolio for a more consistent, more efficient operator experience. This fully managed series has convenient built-in uplinks with up to 370W of PoE+ to support IoT devices such as security cameras and wireless APs. A compact and fanless model is ideal for use in quiet, small work spaces.
The CX 6000 series is easy to deploy and use with flexible management choices that include Web GUI, CLI, cloudbased and on-premise Aruba Central management, so you can choose the best fit for your business and network environment. Delivering Layer 2 capabilities with enhanced access security, traffic prioritization, and IPv6 support, the CX 6000 also simplifies ownership and brings peace of mind with no switch software licensing and a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATORS | AOS-CX - a modern software system
The Aruba CX 6000 Switch Series is based on AOSCX, a modern, database-driven operating system that is built on a modular Linux architecture. With the CX 6000 series, the benefits of the AOS-CX architecture is extended to small enterprise deployments providing the following unique capabilities:
- Easy access to all network configuration state information
- REST APIs for fine-grained programmability of network tasks
- A micro-services architecture that enables full integration with other workflow systems and services
- All software processes communicate with the database rather than each other, ensuring near real-time state and resiliency
Aruba ASICs - programmable innovation
Based on over 30 years of continuous investment, Aruba's ASICs create the basis for innovative and agile software feature advancements, unparalleled performance and deep visibility. These programmable ASICs are purpose-built to allow for a tighter integration of switch hardware and software within campus and data center architectures to optimize performance and capacity. The Aruba CX 6000 is based on the Aruba ASIC architecture.
Access layer performance
The Aruba CX 6000 Switch Series uses internally developed Aruba ASICs that provide very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption. Each switch includes the following:
- Up to 104 Gbps in non-blocking bandwidth and up to 77.3 Mpps for forwarding
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Stack port provides an easy and hassle-free way to extend your office network
- Expand your network capacity with the help of 12 networking ports and transfer your data quickly and easily
- Can work as layer 3 routing for scalable network design
- Managed switch provides a reliable foundation for your network
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Supports optical fiber cable to span longer distances and provided high data transmission rates between servers and network components