The ExtremeSwitching X465 Series is a premium stackable switch family providing high-performance, convergence-ready, resilient and secure Gigabit and multi-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Powered by ExtremeXOS, the X465 Series offers sophisticated routing and switching, high-speed stacking, modular uplink options, advanced PoE, and comprehensive security. This makes the X465 Series an ideal choice for high-end wiring closet and network edge deployments.
Future-Proof Switches for Flexible Deployment
PoE for the Next-Generation Edge
The X465 Series provides standards-based IEEE 802.3at 30W, as well as IEEE 802.3bt 60W and 90W Power over Ethernet (PoE) options. These PoE options not only eliminate the need for additional electrical cabling and circuits, but also enable the X465 to power next-gen Ethernet edge devices, such as point-of-sale terminals, pan-tilt-zoom cameras, LED lighting or Wi-Fi 6 access points.
The X465 Series also provides the following capabilities to address the unique needs of powered edge devices:
- Perpetual PoE which enables PoE power to be maintained during a switch re-start, preventing attached IoT devices from being disrupted or rebooted during the switch reset.
- Fast PoE which enables power to be supplied to connected edge or IoT devices before switch boot-up completion, speeding the time for powered end-points to start up.
Extreme Insight Architecture
The X465 Series supports Extremes Insight Architecture. This architecture also available on Extremes SLX and VSP Series leverages the X465 Series X86-based multi-core processor design to provide network visibility without impacting network operations or performance. This architecture further allows X465 multi-rate models to run one or more Guest VMs. Organizations can use these Guest VMs to deploy their choice of third-party or customized monitoring/ troubleshooting tools providing real-time visibility to meet specific business or operational needs across the network. This can help to improve service and application assurance, as well as reduce operational impact and cost.
Extended Edge Switching
All X465 models support Extended Edge Switching, an innovative solution that simplifies the deployment and operation of edge switches. As the controlling bridge of an Extended Edge solution, the X465 can be combined with Extremes V400 Series access devices to create a single logical switch architecture. The result is a simplified operational model that reduces costs.
Intelligent L2/ L3 Switching
The X465 family supports sophisticated Layer 2 switching, as well as Layer 3 IPv4/ IPv6 routing. Routing support includes static and dynamic routing (RIP and OSPF), as well as PIM-SM multicast, BGP and VXLAN.
High-Performance 160 Gb Stacking
High-speed stacking on the X465 Series is provided via SummitStack-V160. Up to eight X465 switches can be stacked using two dedicated 40Gb QSFP+ ports on the X465's front panel. Stacking provides a single point of management across the stack collection operating across 160Gbps of aggregate bandwidth.
- Features 24 networking ports to establish large network
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Stack port provides an easy and hassle-free way to extend your office network
- Handles extremely large amounts of data with high data throughput and gives an unhindered performance
- Supports layer 3 switching for enhanced performance and usability
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage
- Rack mounting enables you to organize wires & secure cables for professional installation