Future-Proof Switches for Flexible Deployment
The X465 Series includes both 24- and 48-port 1Gigabit models, as well as multi-rate models with 1, 2.5 and 5 Gigabit port s for connecting a range of edge access devices. The family also includes 30 W, 60 W, and 90 W PoE model options for powering connected devices. Together, this makes the X465 an ideal wired back-end for Wave 2 or Wi-Fi 6 wireless APs or for connecting any next-generation edge device. The X465 also provides modular uplink options at 10 G, 25G, and 40 G for flexible linkage to other switches or devices over a range of media.
PoE for the Next Generation Edge
The X465 Series provides standards-based IEEE 80 2.3at 30 W, as well as IEEE 80 2.3bt 60 W and 90 W Power over Ethernet (PoE) options. These PoE options not only eliminate the need for additional electrical cabling and circuit s, but also enable the X465 to power next-gen Ethernet edge devices, such as point-of-sale terminals, pan-tilt-zoom cameras, LED lighting or Wi-Fi 6 access points.
The X465 Series also provides the following capabilities to address the unique needs of powered edge devices:
- Perpetual PoE which enables PoE power to be maintained during a switch re-start, preventing attached IoT devices from being disrupted or rebooted during the switch reset.
- Fast PoE which enables power to be supplied to connected edge or IoT devices before switch boot-up completion,speeding the time for powered end-point s to start up.
The X465 Series support s Extremes Insight Architecture. This architecture also available on Extremes SLX and VSP Series leverages the X465 Series X86-based multi-core processor design to provide network visibilit y without impacting network operations or performance. This architecture further allows X465 multi-rate models to run one or more Guest VMs. Organizations can use these Guest VMs to deploy their choice of third-party or customized monitoring/ troubleshooting tools providing real-time visibility to meet specific business or operational needs across the network. This can help to improve service and application assurance, as well as reduce operational impact and cost.
Extended Edge Switching
All X465 models support Extended Edge Switching, an innovative solution that simplifies the deployment and operation of edge switches. As the controlling bridge of an Extended Edge solution, the X465 can be combined with Extremes V40 0 Series access devices to create a single logical switch architecture. The result is a simplified operational model that reduces costs.
Intelligent L2/ L3 Switching
The X465 family support s sophisticated Layer 2 switching, as well as Layer 3 IPv4/ IPv6 routing. Routing support includes static and dynamic routing (RIP and OSPF), as well as PIM-SM multicast, BGP and VXLAN.
- Features 48 networking ports to meet the requirements of the most demanding workgroups
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Stack port provides an easy and hassle-free way to extend your office network
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- 40 Gigabit Ethernet for efficient data transfer and fast connectivity
- Supports layer 3 switching for enhanced performance and usability
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage
- Rack mounting enables you to organize wires & secure cables for professional installation