The Summit X460-G2 switches are effective campus edge switches that support Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE - IEEE 802.3az) with IEEE 802.3at PoE-plus and can also serve as aggregation switches for traditional enterprise networks. The Summit X460-G2 series is also an option for DSLAM or CMTS aggregation, or for active Ethernet access.
The Summit X460-G2 can also be used as a top-of-rack switch for many data center environments with features such as high-density Gigabit Ethernet for concentrated data center environments; XNV™ (ExtremeXOS Network Virtualization) for centralized network-based Virtual Machine (VM) inventory, VM location history and VM provisioning; Direct Attach™ to offload VM switching from servers, thereby improving performance; high-capacity Layer 2/Layer 3 scalability for highly virtualized data centers; and intra-rack and cross-rack stacking with industry-leading flexibility.
Comprehensive Security Management
- User policy and host integrity enforcement, and identity management
- Universal Port Dynamic Security Profiles to provide fine granular security policies in the network
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Denial of Service (DoS) protection and IP security against man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks to harden the network infrastructure
- Role Based Policy enables support for policy profiles to secure and provision network resources based upon the role the user or device plays within the network.
- Features 24 networking ports to establish large network
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- Optimize the performance of business networks with 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Can work as layer 3 routing for scalable network design
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage
- Rack mounting enables you to organize wires & secure cables for professional installation