Enhance Your Network with an Extreme Fabric Connect Edge/Aggregation Device
The Virtual Services Platform (VSP) 4900 Series is the next generation of Extreme Fabric Connect fixed-form factor switches designed for network edge and aggregation deployments. Providing high-performance, resilient and secure Gigabit/multi-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, the VSP 4900 enables end-to-end fabric services from network edge to aggregation to core, along with transparent extension of fabric services to the branch. Its advanced capabilities enable full-featured network virtualization to be flexibly deployed across a range of network environments.
The VSP 4900 Series is available in four model variants to address a range of campus, remote site and/or multi-service needs.
- VSP4900-48P: 48 x 10/100/1000MbE with 30W PoE+ and MACsec- capable ports
- VSP4900-24S: 24 x 1G SFP ports
- VSP4900-24XE: 24 x 1/10GbE SFP+ MACsec (256-bit) capable ports
- VSP4900-12MXU-12XE: 12 x 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10GbE ports with 60W PoE, plus 12 x 1/10GbE SFP+ MACsec (256-bit) capable ports
All models above also support modular uplinks - at 10Gb, 25Gb and 40Gb - for flexible linkage to other switches or devices over a range of media.
Extreme Fabric Connect
The VSP 4900 natively supports the Extreme Fabric Connect technology. Based on an extended implementation of the Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) standards of IEEE 802.1aq and IETF RFC 6329, Fabric Connect offers the ability to create a virtualized network that simplifies network provisioning and reduces the strain on network and IT personnel.
Fabric Connect features supported on the VSP 4900 Series include: L2 Virtual Service Networks (VSNs), Layer 3 Virtual Service Networks, Inter-VSN Routing, IPv4/ IPv6 IP Shortcuts, IP Multicast over Fabric Connect, Fabric Extend and Fabric Attach Server.
The VSP 4900 also natively supports Fabric Extend that enables it to extend Fabric Connect services over an intermediate 3rd-party network -- whether Layer 2 or Layer 3-based. With Fabric Extend, enterprises can, for example, connect two Fabric Connect environments (or islands) over a Service Provider WAN, such as MPLS or Ethernet WAN. Fabric Connect simplified provisioning and virtualization services can then be transparently extended across the 3rd-party network.
Advanced Layer 3 Services
The VSP 4900 Series also supports advanced Layer 3 services that enable it to satisfy conventional IP routing deployments, in addition to its fabric-based services. Layer 3 services include IPv4 and IPv6 dynamic routing, as well as IP multicast services.
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Can work as layer 3 routing for scalable network design
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage
- Rack mounting enables you to organize wires & secure cables for professional installation