The ExtremeSwitching X440-G2 series is based on Extreme Networks ExtremeXOS, a highly resilient OS that provides continuous uptime, manageability and operational efficiency. Each switch offers the same high-performance, non-blocking hardware technology, in the Extreme Networks tradition of simplifying network deployments through the use of common hardware and software throughout the network.
The ExtremeSwitching X440-G2 switches are cost-effective campus edge switches with IEEE 802.3at PoE-plus.
COMPREHENSIVE SECURITY MANAGEMENT
- User policy and host integrity enforcement, and identity management
- Universal Port Dynamic Security Profiles to provide fine granular security policies in the network
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Denial of Service (DoS) protection and IP security against man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks to harden the network infrastructure
- Features 24 networking ports to meet the requirements of the most demanding workgroups
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Supports optical fiber cable to span longer distances and provided high data transmission rates between servers and network components
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Supports layer 3 switching for enhanced performance and usability
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network