Kuando Busylight UC Omega Presence Call Alert Skype4B / Jabber
The Omega also serves as a phone call light that rings and flashes on incoming calls and is specifically designed for cubicles.
It connects via a USB cable and is easy to install.
The Kuando™ Busylight integrates with Skype, Lync, Cisco Jabber and more to provide a visual indicator of your presence status. As a status light the Kuando™ Busylight will automatically change its colors according to your status in Skype/Lync, signalling to colleagues if you are busy, on a call etc.
The Kuando™ Busylight provides 3 main functions:
- It rings and flashes on incoming calls, making it a reliable ringer for softphones and preventing missed calls.
- The free Busylight software provides hot key functions for call handling.
- The light provides an extra visibility of your Skype/Lync presence in the open office workspace, preventing unwanted interruptions. Red light means Busy, Pulsing Red: Busy in a call, Blue, Purple or Pink: Do Not Disturb, Green: Available and Yellow: Away/Inactive.
Avoid interruptions at work – increase productivity
Open office environments are causing more interruptions which frustrates employees and makes them more ineffective and inefficient. In fact, two out of three employees feel that their co-workers interrupt too much. Kuando™ Busylights ‘Do not disturb light’ provide a physically visible indication of your real-time Skype for Business/Lync and Jabber status in the office.
- Reclaim control over your availability - fewer interruptions by co-workers.
- Be more productive
- Less stressful
- Avoid errors from distractions
A reliable ringer
When companies are moving away from desk phones to a softphone environment, some basic functions are lost – in particular, a reliable ringer.
Kuando™ Busylight UC Omega:
- RINGS and/or flashes on incoming calls/IMs – ensures fewer missed calls.
- Visible notification on missed calls/IMs
- Makes it easy to answer and hang up calls and quickly dial numbers
Corporate IT Policy requirement: Ensure that all Softphone-Users hear incoming calls
It is not possible to provide a Standard configuration for incoming call alert on softphones that works across all existing IT hardware set ups due to diversity of IT equipment/PCs, audio settings, and locations.
- Kuando™ Busylight UC WORKS BY DEFAULT on every machine and anywhere in the organization
- Operates independently - not requiring IT support services or audio setting changes
- Supports all PC/Laptop/Thin client despite any audio settings, muted sounds or future upgrades of hardware and software
- Mass deployment is easily done with .msi – Group policy settings
Boosts user adoption of softphones
- User's willingness and ability to adopt Skype for Business/Lync and Jabber is a major factor affecting the benefits of softphones.
- Busylight makes users feel comfortable with Skype for Business/Lync and Jabber's features and eases the transition from PBX to softphones.
The Skype for Business/Lync and Jabber business case is improved by a faster adoption and a reduced payback period.