IBM Flex System, a new category of computing and the next generation of Smarter Computing, is anchored by the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis. This platform offers intelligent workload deployment and management for maximum business agility. This chassis delivers high-speed performance complete with integrated servers, storage, and networking for multi-chassis management in datacenter compute environments. Furthermore, its flexible design can meet the needs of varying workloads with independently scalable IT resource pools for higher utilization and lower cost per workload. While increased security and resiliency protect vital information and promote maximum uptime, the integrated, easy-to-use management system reduces setup time and complexity, providing a quicker path to ROI.
The IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis is a rack-optimized, 10U modular design enclosure that holds up to 14 nodes. It features:
- New high-efficiency 2500-watt power supplies.
- New hot-swap, 80 mm and 40 mm redundant fans.
- Support for all new x86 compute nodes.
- A Chassis Management Module (CMM) that gives you control over the solutions at the chassis level, simplifying installation and management of your installation. A second management module is optional.
- Support for up to four traditional fabrics using networking switches, storage switches, or pass-through devices. The chassis also supports up to four switches, scalable to eight logical switches, and support for protocols such as Ethernet, Fibre Channel, FCoE, ISCI, and InfiniBand.