Designed for small, mid-sized organizations and distributed enterprise with SD-Branch locations, the 7th generation (Gen 7) TZ series delivers industry-validated security effectiveness with best-in-class priceperformance. These NGFWs address the growing trends in web encryption, connected devices and high-speed mobility by delivering a solution that meets the need for automated, realtime breach detection and prevention.
The Gen 7 TZ series are highly scalable, with high port density of up to 10 ports. It features both inbuilt and an expandable storage of up to 256GB, that enables various features including logging, reporting, caching, firmware backup and more. An optional second power supply provides added redundancy in case of failure on select models.
Deployment of Gen 7 TZs are further simplified by Zero-Touch Deployment, with the ability to simultaneously roll out these devices across multiple locations with minimal IT support. Built on next-gen hardware, it integrates firewalling, switching and wireless capabilities, plus provides single-pane-of-glass management for SonicWall Switches and SonicWave Access Points. It allows tight integration with Capture Client for seamless endpoint security.
SonicOS and Security Services
The SonicOS architecture is at the core of TZ NGFWs. Gen 7 TZs are powered by the feature rich SonicOS 7.0 operating system with new modern looking UX/UI, advanced security, networking and management capabilities. Gen 7 TZ features integrated SD-WAN, TLS 1.3 support, real-time visualization, high-speed virtual private networking (VPN) and other robust security features.
Unknown threats are sent to SonicWall's cloud-based Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) multiengine sandbox for analysis. Enhancing Capture ATP is our patent-pending Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection (RTDMI™) technology. As one of Capture ATP's engine, RTDMI detects and blocks malware and zero-day threats by inspecting directly in memory.
By leveraging Capture ATP with RTDMI technology, in addition to security services such as ReassemblyFree Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI), Anti-virus and Anti-spyware Protection, intrusion prevention system, Application Intelligence and Control, Content Filtering Services, DPI-SSL, TZ series firewalls stop malware, ransomware and other advanced threats at the gateway. For more information, refer the SonicOS and Security Services Datasheet.
- 10/5/2.5/1 GbE interfaces in a desktop form factor
- SD-Branch ready
- Secure SD-WAN capability
- SonicExpress App onboarding
- Zero-Touch Deployment
- Single-pane-of-glass-management through cloud or firewall
- SonicWall Switch, SonicWave Access Point and Capture Client integration
- Built-in and expandable storage
- Redundant power
- High port density
- Support/Service Type : Secure Upgrade Plus Advanced Edition
- Wireless LAN : Yes
- Product Series : TZ
- Encryption Standard : TKIP
- Total Number of Ports : 8
- Expansion Slot Type : SFP+
- Wireless LAN Standard : IEEE 802.11ac
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.sonicwall.com
- Manageable : Yes
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 2
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Number of SFP+ Slots : 2
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- USB : Yes
- Manufacturer : SonicWall Inc.
- Support/Service Duration : 3 Year
- Product Type : Network Security/Firewall Appliance
- Ethernet Technology : 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet
- Product Model : TZ470W
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports : 8
- Network Standard : 10/100/1000Base-T
- Country of Origin : Taiwan
- Firewall Protection Supported : Stateful Packet Filtering