Now it's easy to drive share and enhance the storage capabilities of your server or PC. This mobile rack backplane lets you install four 2.5in SATA or SAS solid-state or hard disk drives into a single 5.25in bay and quickly hot swap them between systems. It's ideal for systems integrators and administrators who are looking for flexible management of their data storage.
Designed for durability and trouble-free use
The mobile rack backplane is engineered to protect your valuable data and provide reliable performance. The aluminum housing is designed for enhanced heat dissipation, while two 40mm fans improve air flow to minimize heat build-up and ensure optimum operating temperature.
The backplane can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, for error-free tray insertion and maximum compatibility with servers or desktop computers. You can lock the removable steel trays in place, providing an enhanced level of drive protection. The Non-Scratch SATA (NSS) connector provides a high 50,000+ insertion rating, your assurance of long-lasting performance of both the drives and the bay.
Convenient, interchangeable drive trays
Many fast-paced work environments require drives to be removed regularly. Hot swap between systems quickly, without shutting down, with the convenient backplane.
The included drive trays are interchangeable, working with both the 4-bay backplane and the single-bay backplane (SATSASBP125) so you can hot swap between systems for easy file access.
Compatible with a wide range of drives
Designed for versatile use, the backplane supports an extensive range of both SATA or SAS based HDDs and SSDs, from 5 to 15mm in height.
To maximize the performance of your drives, the mobile rack supports SAS II and SATA III performance for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller. The backplane also works with your preferred RAID controller or Hyper Duo™ controller to produce a high-performance or redundant storage solution.
The SATSASBP425 backplane is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Cooling Fan : Yes
- Weight (Approximate) : 759.8 g
- Compatible Drive Bay Width : 5.25"
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Depth : 6" (152.40 mm)
- Width : 5.70" (144.78 mm)
- Package Contents : 4-Bay Mobile Rack Backplane for 2.5in SATA/SAS Drives, 2 x Drive Tray Keys, 4 x 2.5" Drive Trays, 4 x 18" SATA Data Cables, 2 x SATA to Molex Power Adapters, 16 x Drive Mounting Screws, 8 x Backplane Mounting Screws, 1 x Quick Start Guide
- Height : 1.70" (43.18 mm)
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Manufacturer Part Number : SATSASBP425
- Brand Name : StarTech.com
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Form Factor : Internal
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Product Type : Drive Enclosure
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Product Name : 4-Bay Mobile Rack Backplane for 2.5in SATA/SAS Drives
- Country of Origin : Taiwan
- Color : Black
- Material : Steel