This 4-Port USB 3.0 over Ethernet extender kit includes a transmitter and receiver that enable you to connect four remote USB devices to a local computer up to 330 ft. (100 m) away, using a single standard CAT6a, or CAT7 cable with RJ-45 connectors. For added versatility the USB extender can also extend your Gigabit Ethernet connection to the same remote location.
The USB extender kit is backward compatible with USB 2.0, USB 1.1 and USB 1.0 devices. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.2 (5Gbps) Gen 1x1 and USB 3.1 (5Gbps) Gen 1.
With support for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5Gbps) this USB extender provides a reliable solution for connecting four remote high-speed devices to your local computer, up to 330 ft. (100 m) away. The extender uses standard CAT6a or CAT7 cabling, so you can use existing cabling infrastructure to extend the devices, and because the device can also extend Gigabit Ethernet you can use the same extender kit and cabling to supply a local area network (LAN) connection to the remote location, ensuring you don't need to lose your network connectivity to that area of the building.
Note: The extension signal traveling from the transmitter to the receiver over CAT6a/CAT7, cannot pass-through any active network equipment, such as routers or switches.
This USB extender kit has been thoughtfully designed with features that make it ideal for high wear-and-tear environments, such as machine shops, warehouses or other industrial settings. Both the transmitter and receiver feature a durable extruded aluminum housing and provide 8kV/15kV Contact/Air Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) extended protection. The transmitter and receiver are each powered using the included power adapters, and feature screw-locking power adapter ports to ensure a reliable connection that can't accidentally disconnect. The powered extender enables each remote USB 3.0 port to provide 5V, 900mA of power.
For hassle-free operations monitoring, the extender kit features LED indicators for Power, Status, Link, and USB 2.0/3.0 connection type indicators. Mounting hardware is also included to ensure a tidy professional installation.
This USB extender kit is ideal to remotely access high speed USB 3.0 devices like storage banks (USB based HDDs or SSDs), printers, USB 2.0 HD cameras, plotters, keyboard/mouse, POS devices, scales, laser cutters, displays, or CCTV systems from a convenient location. The USB-A extender hub features driverless plug-and-play installation and is compatible with all major operating systems including Windows, macOS and Linux.
Note: This USB extender is not recommended for use with USB cameras and video capture devices that use Isochronous transport.
USB3004EXT2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty with free 24/5 multi-lingual North American based technical support. StarTech.com has been the IT professionals' choice for over 30 years.
- 4-PORT USB 3.0 & GbE EXTENDER: Extend 4x USB 3.0 5Gbps connections & Gigabit Ethernet/LAN port up to 330ft (100 meters) over a single CAT6a/CAT7 cable; Power/Status/Link/USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 Indicator LEDs; SuperSpeed 5Gbps USB 3.2/3.1 Gen 1
- CONNECT REMOTE USB 3.0 DEVICES: Ideal to remotely access high speed USB 3.0 devices like storage banks, printers, USB 2.0 HD cameras, plotters, keyboard/mouse, POS devices, scales, laser cutters, displays, or CCTV systems from a convenient location
- INDUSTRIAL USB EXTENDER: USB 3.0 Extender is built with durable extruded aluminum construction for high wear & tear environments with mounting brackets included; provides 8kV/15kV Contact/Air Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) extended protection
- EXTERNALLY POWERED USB EXTENDER KIT: The USB extender over Cat6a/Cat7 cable (RJ45) includes 2x locking power adapters for the local transmitter and remote receiver; Each remote USB 3.0 port provides 5V, 900mA of power
- PLUG-AND-PLAY: The USB-A extender hub features driverless installation & is compatible w/ all major operating systems incl. Windows, macOS, Linux; Backward compatible with USB 2.0, USB 1.1 and USB 1.0 devices
- Width : 5.40" (137.16 mm)
- Package Contents : Local Transmitter, Remote Receiver, 6 ft [1.8 m] USB-A to USB-B Cable, Universal Power Adapters (North America), Mounting Kit, Quick-Start Guide
- Height : 1.30" (33.02 mm)
- Manufacturer Part Number : USB3004EXT2
- Brand Name : StarTech.com
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Product Type : USB Extender
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Length : 9.10" (231.14 mm)
- Product Name : USB Extender
- Country of Origin : China
- Color : Black
- Material : Aluminum