The StarTech.com HDBaseT extender kit, extends HDMI up to 330 feet (100 Meters) over a single CAT5e or CAT6 cable. The extender supports Ultra HD and Full HD resolutions (4K / 1080p) with support for 3D and the accompanying 7.1 digital audio. For added versatility the transmitter and receiver can be used to transmit IR and RS232 serial communication over the same cable. The versatility of this video extender makes it an ideal solution for digital signage applications.
What is HDBaseT?
HDBaseT is a standardized, zero latency, video distribution technology that's revolutionizing HDMI distribution. HDBaseT uses an advanced method of modulation that enables you to distribute uncompressed HDMI audio and video along with additional signals such as 100BaseT Ethernet, IR, RS-232 serial and power over cable.
Extend More with HDBaseT
The extender offers HDBaseT technology with HDMI, IR, and RS232 control in a single CAT 5 extender kit, for complete end-to-end control. Offering greater versatility than traditional HDMI extenders or HDMI cabling alone HDBaseT is the clear choice for every integrator and system designer. The IR extension enables you operate your display and an IR-enabled source device, such as a Blu-ray player or TV Set top box, from either end of your extension. While RS232 control let you to connect a serial I/O device at your display - an ideal solution for adding a serial touch screen interface to your remote display.
Astonishing Picture Quality from an Impressive Distance
With the A/V industry quickly adopting 4K as the new high-resolution video standard, long range video distribution can be a challenge with standard HDMI cables beginning signal degradation at 30 feet.
With support for 4K you'll be amazed at how HDBaseT maintains your Ultra HD picture quality, four times the resolution of high-definition 1080p, even at 330 feet away from your video source. Plus, because the extender is still backward compatible with High-Definition 1080p displays and video sources, you can rest assured this extender will make your video source look great in any remote digital signage application.
Simplify Your Setup
This extender has been specially crafted for a smooth, tidy installation. HDBaseT technology allows for single cable installation, for seamless integration using existing CAT5e or CAT6 infrastructure, avoiding the hassle of running multiple cables, while reducing potential failure points. Mounting hardware is also built-in to both the extender and receiver for discrete, professional mounting.
The ST121UTPHD2 is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Dolby?? TrueHD, DTS-HD MA Audio
- Supports bi-directional RS232 and IR extension
- 100m (330ft) maximum Cat5e or CAT6 cable distance
- Hassle-free installation with a single CAT5e or CAT6 cable and built-in mounting hardware
- Astonishing picture quality with support for resolutions up to UltraHD 4K
- With HDBaseT extend HDMI, IR, and RS-232 through one CAT5e or CAT6 cable
- TAA Compliant : Yes
- Transmitter Weight (Approximate) : 579 g
- Receiver Depth : 5.90" (149.86 mm)
- Package Contents : 1 x Local HDMI Extender Unit, 1 x Remote HDMI Receiver Unit, 1 x IR Receiver Cable, 1 x IR Transmitter Cable, 1 x HDMI Cable x 4 ft (1.2 Meters), 2 x Universal Power Adapter NA / UK / EU, 1 x User Manual
- Receiver Width : 3.10" (78.74 mm)
- Receiver Weight (Approximate) : 579 g
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Receiver Height : 1" (25.40 mm)
- Manufacturer Part Number : ST121UTPHD2
- Transmitter Depth : 5.90" (149.86 mm)
- Brand Name : StarTech.com
- Transmitter Height : 1" (25.40 mm)
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Transmitter Width : 3.10" (78.74 mm)
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Product Type : Video Extender Transmitter/Receiver
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Product Name : HDMI over Cat5 Video Extender with Audio - RS232 and IR Control
- Country of Origin : Taiwan
- Color : Black