This HDMI® to USB-C™ video capture device lets you record HDMI video to your USB-C, USB-A or Thunderbolt™ 3 computer.
Easy Setup, Easy Capture
For hassle-free recording, you can install the HDMI capture device by simply connecting it to your computer. The capture device features USB Video Class (UVC), a video capture standard that's natively supported by Mac, Windows® and Linux®. Unlike other capture devices that require proprietary driver installation, UVC based capture devices install automatically for a truly plug-and-play solution. Also, with this recorder you're not limited to the included software; you can use any third-party software that uses UVC compatible frameworks such as Quicktime or DirectShow®.
Capture HD Video
Record 1080p video at 60fps (frames per second) from your Windows PC, gaming console, camera (and more) so you can save, share or edit your content. Capture meetings, presentations, conference calls and security footage directly to your computer.
Stream Your 1080p Content
Stream video over the web using Twitch™ or other third-party streaming platforms. With the included software or third-party UVC compatible software like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), you can live broadcast video over the internet using third-party video streaming platforms.
The UVCHDCAP is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: This device is HDCP compliant, and will not capture copy protected video, such as Blu-rays or the video output of Mac computers. However, this device will capture video to Mac computers and will capture non-encrypted video.
- HD VIDEO CAPTURE: Bus-powered USB 3.0 capture device records HDMI video to USB-C, TB3 or USB-A computer
- 1080p 60fps, 3.5mm 2ch audio, HDMI pass-through, H.264 software encoding (MJPEG/MPEG-2/MPEG-4)
- USB VIDEO CLASS: UVC ensures an easy setup w/ driverless, automatic install in Windows (7 & up), Mac (10.11 & up) & Linux (4.x LTS); Capture device is compatible w/ DirectShow & QuickTime applications
- APPLICATIONS: USB video grabber to record video, conference calls, camera feeds w/incl. or 3rd party software (OBS); Live streaming on YouTube/platforms w/ RTSP; Use w/ collaboration apps Teams & Zoom
- PORTABLE & DURABLE: Compact & lightweight aluminum screen recorder adapter is easy to carry from a media room, classroom or recording studio, so you can connect the device directly to a laptop/desktop
- COMPATIBILITY: External video capture card with incl. Stream Catcher software works w/ Windows; HDCP compliant, will not capture protected-content source video like Blu-rays or video output from a Mac
- TAA Compliant : Yes
- Video Formats : H.264
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Maximum Resolution : 1920 x 1080
- Package Contents :
- Video Capturing Device
- 1 x USB-C To USB-B Cable (1m)
- 1 x USB-A To USB-B Cable (1m)
- 1 x HDMI Cable (1m)
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide
- Functions : Video Capturing
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.startech.com
- Audio Line In : Yes
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Form Factor : External
- USB : Yes
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Platform Supported : Linux
- Product Type : Video Capturing Device
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- HDMI : Yes
- Country of Origin : Taiwan