This Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter adds two high performance PCIe M.2 SSDs (NVMe and AHCI) into the PCIe x8 or x16 slot of a desktop, workstation, or server.
Boost System Performance
Take full advantage of the fast performance and compact size of PCIe M.2 internal solid-state drives, with read and write speeds up to 7.8GBps per drive.
Access two M.2 PCIe SSDs simultaneously
No on-board chip leads to wide system compatibility. This card requires PCIe bifurcation, meaning it easily integrates into any system with an available x8 or x16 PCIe slot that supports PCIe bifurcation.
Utilize software RAID, such as Storage Spaces (Microsoft) or mdraid/mdadm (Linux), to build a RAID array, adding redundancy or enhancing system performance.
The PCIe M.2 NGFF (M Key or B+M Key) adapter supports PCIe NVMe and PCIe AHCI M.2 SSDs including 2242, 2260, 2280 and 22110mm drives. The PCIe M.2 Adapter Card does not require any software or drivers, meaning it works with most operating systems, if the computer/motherboard supports bifurcation.
The included full and low-profile vented brackets increase air flow to improve heat dissipation, which aids in maintaining optimal and reliable operating temperatures.
The DUAL-M2-PCIE-CARD-B is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Install 2x PCIe M.2 SSDs (NVMe or AHCI) into a computer or server through an available x8 or x16 PCI Express 4.0 slot for ultra-fast data access, capable of reaching high performance read and write speeds up to 7.8GBps per drive
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: This Dual M.2 PCIe SSD adapter card was extensively tested to ensure compatibility with Samsung 980 Pro, 970 EVO, 950 EVO, SM951, and other 2242/2260/2280/22110mm PCIe M-Key M.2 SSDs
- Not compatible with SATA based M.2 drives
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with PCIe 3.0 motherboards with PCIe bifurcation and an available x8 or x16 PCIe slot
- PCIe bifurcation is required
- Works with all workstation and server OS's such as Windows, Windows Server, and Linux
- SOFTWARE RAID FUNCTIONALITY: The M.2 PCI Express adapter enables access to your M.2 PCIe SSDs individually
- With OS or 3rd party RAID software, build an array to add redundancy, higher capacity, or performance through RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD
- VENTED BRACKETS: Pre-installed full profile bracket with included low-profile (half-height) bracket in the box
- Vented brackets allow for better air flow which helps avoid overheating that can cause drive throttling