This 2-port SATA III (6Gbps) controller with RAID enables you to add two SATA 6Gbps Hard Drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs) to your computer system or server via an available PCIe x2 card slot, and build the disks into a hardware RAID array. The card supports SATA III and PCI-Express 2.0 Specifications, and can also be used to add optical disk drives (ODD) like CD/DVD/Blu-ray to your computer.
Versatile Hardware RAID Configurations
This RAID controller supports different hardware RAID configurations to meet your specific application:
- RAID 0 (striped) - Splits your data evenly across both drives to increase read/write performance, while also increasing the size of your volume storage capacity to the combined total of both drives.
- RAID 1 (mirrored) - Exactly copies your data on both drives to provide data redundancy, so your data will be safely backed-up should one of the drives fail.
- SPAN (big) - Combines both drives into a single array to increase the size of your volume storage capacity to the combined total of both drives.
- JBOD (Just a bunch of disks) - Exposes both drives as individual devices to be treated independently.
ASM1062R to Deliver 2-Port SATA 6Gbps Performance
Featuring the ASM1062R controller, this SATA card enables the connection of two high-performance SATA 6Gbps drives with a combined total throughput of up to 8Gbps. The SATA drives are connected via two individual SATA ports located on the card (SATA cables sold separately).
The controller card is widely supported across all popular operating system platforms including Windows (7, 8, 10, 11), macOS (10.10 and above) and Linux (2.6.32 and above). Plus, with support for PCIe 2.0 and SATA III Specifications this card ensures backward compatibility with previous generations (SATA I/II, PCIe 1) at lower performance.
For managing and configuring RAID functionality, the card supports OS booting on Windows & Linux for BIOS level RAID setup & configuration, and includes an application on Windows for OS level RAID setup, configuration & monitoring. On macOS only software RAID is supported using RAID Assistant.
The SATA controller card features plug-and-play installation and can be installed in a full-profile or low-profile computer systems with the full-profile bracket preinstalled, and an interchangeable low-profile (half-height) bracket included.
2P6GR-PCIE-SATA-CARD is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime 24/5 North American based, multi-lingual support.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: Add two SATA III 6Gbps ports to your desktop computer or server using a PCI Express x2 slot to connect SATA drives (HDD/SSD); 6Gbps per port; Built-in hardware RAID controller to off-load host CPU for maximum performance
- VERSATILE HARDWARE RAID CONFIGURATIONS: The PCIe card supports Hardware RAID modes: RAID 0/RAID 1/SPAN (Big Disk); The card can also be used without RAID in JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) supporting HDD, SSD, and Optical Disk Drives (Blu-Ray/DVD/CD ROM/RW)
- COMPATIBILITY: PCIe 2.0; Plug-and-play setup on Windows (7+), macOS (10.10+), Linux (2.6.32+); OS booting on Windows & Linux for BIOS level RAID setup/config; Incl Windows app for OS level RAID setup/config & monitoring; Software RAID only on macOS
- APPLICATIONS: Setup in full or low-profile PCI-e slot (full-profile bracket installed, low-profile incl); Ideal for laboratories, performance CAD or Audio/Video work stations, data banks & schools; Upgrade computer systems with Hardware RAID & SATA 6Gbps
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; This SATA PCIe expansion adapter controller card converter is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support