With this adapter, you can connect Windows and Mac based Thunderbolt? 3 computers to older Thunderbolt devices, such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt displays, and older Thunderbolt capable Mac computers.
Because this adapter is backward compatible, you can connect to first-generation Thunderbolt devices at 10Gbps speed. With Thunderbolt 2 devices, you can connect at 20Gbps. The adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices.
The TBT3TBTADAP is backed by a 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
Your computer's Thunderbolt 3 ports might not function properly until you update one or more of the following on your computer:
- Thunderbolt firmware
- Thunderbolt 3 controller drivers
- Thunderbolt 3 software
The required updates will vary depending on your computer.
For an up-to-date list of affected computers and instructions, visit http://thunderbolttechnology.net/updates. If your manufacturer isn't listed on the Thunderbolt website, contact your manufacturer.
- Cost-effective solution for connecting older Thunderbolt peripherals to newer Thunderbolt 3 laptops or computers
- Compatible with first-generation Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 devices
- Thunderbolt Certified
- Supplies power for bus-powered devices
- Manufacturer Part Number : TBT3TBTADAP
- Brand Name : StarTech.com
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Weight (Approximate) : 58 g
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Product Type : Data Transfer Cable
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Product Name : Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter
- Color : Black
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes