The S352BU33HR 2-Bay RAID Enclosure lets you build anexternal RAID array using two 3.5" SATA hard drives, andadd itto your computer throughUSB 3.0.
For optimal performance from your SATA III drives, the external RAID enclosure supports a UASP-enabled USB 3.0 host connection, which performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP compatible host controller. (See UASP testing results below for more detail).
The RAID enclosure also lets you connect additional USB 3.0 devices to your computer, through an integrated 2-port USB 3.0 hub conveniently mounted on the front of the enclosure. The easy-to-reach hub also hasfast charging capabilities, so you cancharge your iPad, smartphone orother mobile devices as quickly as you would through a direct wall outlet connection.
To help maintain safe operating temperatures for your hard drives, the 2-drive enclosure features a built-in cooling fan to ensure proper air circulation and prevent your SATA drives from over-heating.
Theenclosurefeatures an integrated hardware RAID controller, which gives you the options you need to set up the array that best suits your storage application, including JBOD, Spanning, RAID 0, and RAID 1.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, theS352BU33HR supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
The S352BU33HR is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Supports SATA III (6 Gbps) and UASP (5 Gbps) for optimal performance
- Built-in 2-Port USB 3.0 Hub with fast charge capabilities
- Hardware RAID with support for RAID0 / RAID1 / BIG / JBOD
- Supports SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Supports USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
- Controller Type : Serial ATA/600
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Package Contents :
- USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure
- 1 x USB 3.0 Cable
- 1 x Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU)
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.startech.com
- RAID Levels : JBOD
- Number of Hard Drives Supported : 2
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Form Factor : Desktop
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Product Type : DAS Storage System
- Number of 3.5" Bays : 2
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Host Interface : USB 3.0 Type B
- Number of Total Expansion Bays : 2
- Country of Origin : China