Advanced Routing Technology for the Masses
Ubiquiti Networks introduces the EdgeRouter™ 4 and EdgeRouter 6P, the next generation of routers for the EdgeMAX®platform. EdgeRouters combine carrier-class reliability with enterprise-level features in a compact and affordable unit.
The EdgeRouter 4 and EdgeRouter 6P offer Gigabit Ethernet ports and an SFP port for a fiber link. The EdgeRouter 6P also offers five configurable PoE ports to power airMAX® products.
The EdgeRouter 4 and EdgeRouter 6P are each capable of routing up to 3.4 million packets per second. The EdgeRouter 4 has a line rate of 4 Gbps, while the EdgeRouter 6P has a line rate of 6 Gbps.
Powered by a proprietary and intuitive graphical interface, EdgeOS®, EdgeRouters can easily be configured for routing, security, and management features required to efficiently run your network. For advanced network professionals, an integrated CLI is available for quick and direct access using familiar commands.
Even greater convenience and flexibility is provided by the UNMS app, which makes it possible to manage the EdgeRouter remotely from your mobile device.
Manage Your Network
DHCP Server Set up multiple DHCP servers to assign IP ranges in different subnets on the different interfaces.
Easily control dynamic and static IP addressing for your network devices.
Monitoring Tools Conveniently track network activity and devices from tools such as Ping, Trace, Discover, Packet Capture, and Log Monitor.
Secure Your Network
Firewall Policies Organize the rules you apply in the order you specify.
Firewall Groups Apply the policies to groups filtered by IP address, network address, or port number.
NAT Rules The EdgeRouter changes packet addressing based on your customized source and destination NAT rules.
Direct Traffic Flow
Interfaces Each port functions as an independent interface.
You can also configure Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) interfaces for network segmentation.
Routing Configure static routes and dynamic routing protocols to effectively manage the routes used by the EdgeRouter.
Intuitive User Interface
The EdgeRouter provides a graphical user interface designed for convenient setup and control. Accessed via a network port and web browser, the user-friendly interface provides intuitive management with a virtual view of the ports, displaying physical connectivity, speed, and status.
The Dashboard screen displays detailed statistics: IP information, MTU, transmit and receive speeds, and status for each physical and virtual interface.
EdgeOS is a sophisticated operating system loaded with robust features, including:
- VLAN interfaces for network segmentation
- Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, BGP, and MPLS
- Firewall policies and NAT rules
- Application identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- DHCP services
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network administration and monitoring tools
- Administrator and operator accounts
- Comprehensive IPv6 support
- (5) Gigabit RJ45 routing ports
- 24V PoE support on RJ45 ports
- (1) Gigabit SFP port
- 3.4 million packets per second for 64-byte packets
- 6 Gbps for packets 256 bytes or larger in size
- Silent, fanless operation
- Compact, durable metal case
- Total Number of Ports : 6
- Product Line : EdgeRouter
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.ubnt.com
- Compatible Rack Unit : 1U
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 1
- Network Technology : 1000Base-X
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : No
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- Manufacturer : Ubiquiti Networks, Inc
- Product Type : Router
- Ethernet Technology : Gigabit Ethernet
- Product Model : ER-6P
- PoE (RJ-45) Port : Yes
- Management Port : Yes
- Powerline : No