Advanced Routing Technology for the Masses
Ubiquiti Networks introduces three new routers for the EdgeMAX® platform:
- EdgeRouter™ 4
- EdgeRouter 6P
- EdgeRouter 12
They join the array of cost-effective Gigabit routers:
- 3-Port EdgeRouter Lite
- 5-Port EdgeRouter PoE
- 8-Port EdgeRouter
- 8-Port EdgeRouter Pro
The EdgeRouter 4, 6P, and 12 are each capable of routing up to 3.4 million packets per second.
The EdgeRouter and EdgeRouter Pro route up to 2 million+ packets per second, and the EdgeRouter Lite and EdgeRouter PoE route up to 1 million packets per second.
The EdgeRouter 6P and PoE include configurable PoE ports to power airMAX® products, and the EdgeRouter 12 has a PoE input port and a PoE passthrough port.
For fiber uplinking, the EdgeRouter 4 and EdgeRouter 6P provide an SFP port. The EdgeRouter 12 features dual SFP ports, while the EdgeRouter offers two combination RJ45/SFP ports.
EdgeRouters combine carrier-class reliability with enterprise-level features in a compact and affordable unit.
Manage Your Network
DHCP Server Set up multiple DHCP servers to assign IP ranges in different subnets on the different interfaces.
Easily control dynamic and static IP addressing for your network devices.
Monitoring Tools Conveniently track network activity and devices from tools such as Ping, Trace, Discover, Packet Capture, and Log Monitor.
Secure Your Network
Firewall Policies Organize the rules you apply in the order you specify.
Firewall Groups Apply the policies to groups filtered by IP address, network address, or port number.
NAT Rules The EdgeRouter changes packet addressing based on your customized source and destination NAT rules.
Direct Traffic Flow
Interfaces Each port functions as an independent interface.
You can also configure Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) interfaces for network segmentation.
Routing Configure static routes and dynamic routing protocols to effectively manage the routes used by the EdgeRouter.
Intuitive User Interface
The EdgeRouter provides a graphical user interface designed for convenient setup and control. Easily configure the routing, security, and management features required to efficiently run your network. For advanced network professionals, an integrated CLI is available for quick and direct access using familiar commands.
Even greater convenience and flexibility is provided by the UNMS™ app, which makes it possible to manage the EdgeRouter remotely from your mobile device.
EdgeOS® is a sophisticated operating system loaded with robust features, including:
- VLAN interfaces for network segmentation
- Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, BGP, and MPLS
- Firewall policies and NAT rules
- Application identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- DHCP services
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network administration and monitoring tools
- Administrator and operator accounts
- Comprehensive IPv6 support
- (10) Gigabit RJ45 routing ports
- 24V PoE input on port 0
- 24V PoE passthrough option on port 9
- Ports 0-7 can be configured for line-rate Layer 2 switching
- (2) Gigabit SFP ports
- 3.4 million packets per second for 64-byte packets
- 6.8 Gbps for packets 1518 bytes or larger in size
- Silent, fanless operation
- Compact, durable metal case
- TAA Compliant : No
- Total Number of Ports : 10
- Package Contents :
- EdgeRouter ER-12 Router
- External AC Power Adapter, 24W (24V, 1A)
- Product Line : EdgeRouter
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.ubnt.com
- Compatible Rack Unit : 1U
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 2
- Network Technology : 1000Base-X
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : No
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- Manufacturer : Ubiquiti Networks, Inc
- Product Type : Router
- Limited Warranty : 1 Year
- Ethernet Technology : Gigabit Ethernet
- Product Model : ER-12
- PoE (RJ-45) Port : Yes
- Management Port : Yes
One Year Limited Warranty with Ubiquiti