The DGS-1008P PoE Gigabit Desktop switch provides a cost-effective way for office users to easily connect and supply power to Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices such as wireless access points (APs), IP cameras, and IP phones. It also provides the opportunity to add additional Ethernet devices like computers, printers, and Network Attached Storage (NAS) onto a network. This compact PoE switch is equipped with Gigabit ports for faster speeds and operates quietly, making it ideal for use in virtually any room or office. In addition, D-Link's Green Ethernet technology saves power when the switch is active and inactive.
Cable diagnostics function
Every time the DGS-1008P is powered up, it runs a micro diagnostics routine to check the integrity of the connected Ethernet cables. If a failure is detected, the switch will flag it by means of its front panel LEDs, making it easy for the user to troubleshoot wiring problems.
- Features 8 networking ports to easily establish a local network or expand your existing one
- Electrical power is transmitted along with data in a single cable to devices such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- With leading Layer 2 support, experience enhanced convenience, secure business operations, and a borderless network experience
- The unmanaged switch provides a quick, easy and cost-saving way to add wired networking to your home, office or small business; no intervention needed
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage