This dual hard drive duplicator and eraser lets you securely erase or duplicate your 2.5/3.5" SATA drives, without having to connect to a host computer. It also provides a docking function that enables you to access drive data quickly and swap drives. For versatile use, it works with both USB-C and USB-A enabled devices.
Easy drive duplication
The dual-drive duplicator and eraser is ideal for IT professionals, such as system administrators and technicians, because it makes drive management more efficient. The drive duplicator function is effective for disk image duplication, data recovery from failing hard drives, and backing up and archiving hard drives to prevent data loss. It provides standalone sector-by-sector hard drive cloning with up to 24GBpm or 420MBps duplication speed. You can duplicate 2.5" or 3.5" SSDs or HDDs with ease, without connecting to a host computer.
Two erase modes
The erase function helps you get the most out of your SATA drives, making it easy to re-use or re-purpose your drives. The drive eraser securely sanitizes up to two drives simultaneously, providing two modes of erasing: quick erase and secure erase. The secure erase mode provides you with the peace of mind that sensitive data has been sanitized, important to many businesses, government offices, and professional services such as legal, accounting and health care offices.
Transfer files quickly between the dock and your PC
The dock also provides an external storage solution, letting you dock your drives through USB 3.0 (5Gbps), also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1, and transfer files between a docked hard drive and a host computer. It improves your workflow by providing quick access to your hard drives, with the ability to easily swap drives in and out as needed.
Includes two USB cables for versatility
The drive duplicator and eraser comes with two USB cables, for flexible use with the latest USB-C™ laptops and tablets, as well as legacy devices. It includes both USB-C to B and USB-A to B cables. The duplicator dock is also compatible with a Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C port.
Designed for easy drive management
The dual-drive duplicator/eraser features a top-loading design that makes it easy to insert your drives. It also features independent drive doors, drive controllers and power switching. The ejection buttons enable fast and simple drive removal. LED indicators display the current state of the duplication or erasure process, including the HDD status and clone or erase progress.
In addition to supporting 2.5"" and 3.5"" SATA drives, the drive duplicator and eraser also works with 2.5" and 3.5" IDE hard drives, mSATA drives and M.2 drives, using a compatible StarTech.com adapter:
IDE hard drives: Use StarTech.com adapter SAT2IDEADP SATA to 2.5in or 3.5in IDE Hard Drive Adapter for HDD Docks
mSATA drives: Use StarTech.com adapter SAT32MSAT257 mSATA SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter
M.2 drives: Use StarTech.com adapter SAT32M225 M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter
The SDOCK2ERU33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Quickly copy hard drives, through standalone sector-by-sector HDD/SSD duplication, at up to 24GBpm or 420MBps duplication speed
- Securely erase two drives simultaneously, with two standalone modes of drive erasure: quick erase and secure erase
- Gain easy access to drive data with the hot-swappable dock
- Supports 2.5" and 3.5" SATA SSDs/HDDs
- Also supports 2.5" and 3.5" IDE hard drives, mSATA drives and M.2 drives, using a compatible StarTech.com adapter
- Works with both USB-C and USB-A enabled devices, with two cables included
- Operation Type : Standalone
- Storage Capacity Supported : 2TB 2.5"
- Package Contents :
- Dual Hard Drive Duplicator and Eraser for 2.5 / 3.5" SATA SSD / HDDs - USB 3.0
- 1 x USB-A to USB-B Cable
- 1 x USB-C to USB-B Cable
- 1 x Universal Power Adapter (NA/JP, UK, EU, ANZ)
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.startech.com
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : RoHS
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Product Type : Hard Drive/Solid State Drive Duplicator
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage : 36 W
- Host Interface : USB 3.1 Type B
- Drive Interface : Serial ATA/600
- Drive Width : 3.5"
- Sanitization Options : Custom Erase