The Synology DS723+ is a 2-bay compact and flexible NAS solution that can be adjusted and expanded as your needs change, with optional support for up to seven drives, faster networking, and NVMe SSDs for caching or additional storage pools. Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), it offers a flexible all-in-one solution for data sharing, synchronization, backup, and surveillance.
Versatile Storage for Any Purpose
The DS723+ comes out of the box with intuitive and comprehensive file management, media organization, and backup options, making it ideal for IT enthusiasts, creative professionals, and business owners looking for a very compact, but powerful storage system.
- Up to 465 MB/s sequential read and 228 MB/s sequential write performance1 enables fast file sharing, syncing, streaming, and backup for multiple users
- Supports 2 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD, expandable to 7 drives with one Synology DX517 expansion unit
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 ECC memory offers protection against potential crashes and inadvertent changes in data through automatic correction of data errors
- Two Gigabit RJ-45 ports can be bonded using Link Aggregation to provide automatic network failover and load balancing
- Maximize return on investment by upgrading your storage platform as more demanding needs arise with two built-in M.2 NVMe SSD slots7 and an optional 10GbE RJ-45 Network Upgrade Module
Built for Data Protection and Integrity
Safeguard your critical data with the powerful storage management features of Synology DSM, built on the advanced Btrfs file system.
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection for shared folders and LUNs
- File and folder-level data restoration enables recovery of specific files or folders
- Flexible storage quota system helps admins manage available space by specifying storage limits for shared folders
- File self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files using mirrored metadata and RAID configurations
- Inline compression minimizes storage consumption and extends the life of drives by compressing data before it is written to the storage pool
Complete Data and Device Backup Solutions
Synology DSM comes standard with a complete package of backup solutions available at no extra cost.
- Active Backup Suite consolidates backup tasks and offers rapid restoration of Windows and Linux endpoints, VMs, Synology NAS, and SaaS applications
- Snapshot Replication creates point-in-time copies of shared folders and LUNs to protect them from accidental modifications or ransomware incidents
- Hyper Backup backs up your NAS data to multiple destinations securely and efficiently with integrity checks and powerful deduplication, compression, and versioning options
- C2 Storage for Hyper Backup offers a dedicated secure public cloud destination for Synology NAS backup data
- RAID technology - data reliability, fault tolerance and improved overall performance
- Gigabit Ethernet enables higher aggregate data transfer capacity which results in a better overall performance