The Aruba CX 8360 v2 Switch Series offers a flexible and innovative approach to addressing the application, security, and scalability demands of the mobile, cloud, and IoT era. These switches serve the needs of the next-generation core and aggregation layer of campuses, as well as virtual and highly dynamic data center environments. They provide up to 3.6Tbps of capacity, with line-rate Gigabit Ethernet interfaces including support for Smart Rate (1/2.5, 5 Gbps), 10Gbps, 25Gbps, 40Gbps, 50 Gbps, and 100Gbps.
The 8360 series includes industry-leading line rate ports with 1/10/25/50GbE (SFP/SFP+/SFP28) and 40/100GbE (QSFP+/ QSFP28) connectivity in a compact 1U form factor. 4x10Gbps and 4x25Gbps break out from 40/100G ports offer advanced flexibility in connectivity and aggregation. These switches deliver a fantastic investment for customers wanting to migrate from older 1GbE/10GbE to faster 25GbE, or from 10GbE/40GbE uplinks to 50/100GbE ports. In addition, the 48 and 32 x 25G port 8360 models support low- density MACsec ports and enable secured connectivity at 10GbE and 25GbE over unsecured domains. And MACsec with 2 x40/100G port with the 48x25 8360 model
The Aruba CX 8360 switch series is based on ArubaOS-CX, a modern, database-driven operating system that automates and simplifies many critical and complex tasks. The enhanced capabilities of ArubaOS-CX provide a unique set of differentiators for campus and data center switching.
Modular Architecture with native cloud-native ArubaOS-CX
ArubaOS-CX is built on a modular Linux architecture with OVSDB, providing the following unique capabilities: ?
- Safe and powerful access to all state at all times allows unique visibility and analytics capabilities.
- REST APIs and Python scripting provide fine-grained microservices architecture enabling full integration with other workflow systems and services
- Supports Aruba Fabric Composer - a software-defined orchestration solution that simplifies and accelerates leaf-spine network provisioning and day-to-day operations across rack-scale compute and storage infrastructure.
- Continual state synchronization provides superior fault tolerance and high availability ?
- All software processes communicate with the database rather than with each other, ensuring high stability with minimal inter-process communication
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Features 16 networking ports to easily establish a local network or expand your existing one
- Supports layer 3 switching for enhanced performance and usability
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Supports optical fiber cable to span longer distances and provided high data transmission rates between servers and network components