Comprehensive Security Management
- Role-based policy and host integrity enforcement, and identity management
- Universal Port Dynamic Security Profiles to provide fine granular security policies in the network
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Denial of Service (DoS) protection and IP security against man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks to harden the network infrastructure
- Role-based Policy enables support for policy profiles to secure and provision network resources based upon the role the user or device plays within the network.
Up to eight Summit X450-G2 switches can be stacked using two different methods of stacking: SummitStack-V, and SummitStack-V84. Each X450-G2 unit comes equipped with 2 ports of 21 Gigabit stacking ports via a QSFP interface. Standard passive 40Gb copper cables can be used for stacking X450-G2s together.
SUMMITSTACK-V - FLEXIBLE STACKING OVER 10 GIGABIT ETHERNET
ExtremeXOS supports the SummitStack-V capability using 2 of the native 10 GbE ports on the faceplate as stacking ports, enabling the use of standard cabling and optics technologies used for 10 GbE SFP+, SummitStack-V provides long-distance stacking connectivity of up to 40 km while reducing the cable complexity of implementing a stacking solution. SummitStack-V is compatible with Summit X440, X450-G2 switches with 10Gb uplinks, X460, X460-G2 with 10Gb uplinks, X480, X670, X670V, X670-G2 and X770 switches running the same version of ExtremeXOS. SummitStack-V enabled 10 GbE ports must be physically direct-connected.
SUMMITSTACK-V84 - HIGH-SPEED STACKING OVER DEDICATED STACKING PORTS
The Summit X450-G2 also supports high-speed 84 Gbps stacking, which is ideal for demanding applications where a high volume of traffic traverses through the stacking links, yet bandwidth is not compromised through stacking. SummitStack-V84 is supported over passive copper QSFP cables (up to 7m). SummitStack-V84 is only supported on Summit X450-G2 switches running the same version of ExtremeXOS.
Summit X450-G2 supports sophisticated and intelligent Layer 2 switching, as well as Layer 3 IPv4/IPv6 routing including policy-based switching/routing, Provider Bridges, bidirectional ingress and egress Access Control Lists, and bandwidth control by 8 Kbps granularity both for ingress and egress.
- Features 24 networking ports to meet the requirements of the most demanding workgroups
- Stack port provides an easy and hassle-free way to extend your office network
- Supports optical fiber cable to span longer distances and provided high data transmission rates between servers and network components
- Gigabit Ethernet port for ultra-fast network speeds
- Supports layer 3 switching for enhanced performance and usability
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage